Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy birthday/Easter!

Happy Birthday Johnathan!
Happy Easter everyone!

This weekend we're saying "whoops" to the diet and eating what's...there, I guess. We did semi-okay yesterday with veggie pizzas but... there were chips and cake and soda... the kind of noms that beg for me and leave you feeling less than pristine the next morning. And soon we'll be heading off to a family BBQ for Easter, which I'm sure will be full of burgers, franks, and all other kinds of animal protein goodness.

Oh well, for dinner we'll be back to the wholesome goodness, and we'll continue it - so I guess it's not *that* bad to have an average American's diet for two days.

John's birthday party was actually quite nice, hanging out with friends new and old - just conversating. So much so that I lost my voice from talking and laughing by the end of the night. Never a bad thing in my opinion.

Reached out to Tiffany the other day. Seems like John wants to know my agenda. I don't have one, really. I just want her to know that she's still loved, I guess. That even though there are bad things happening in her life that it's okay... I don't know. That and now that she's not with James she won't have that... evil? breathing down her neck. Maybe she'll get back to what she once was. Or, at least something more that than what she's been of late. We all change, grow up, have families so... I guess hoping for high school is a little more than silly.

Oliver is getting bigger and bigger by the day it seems, and that means so am I! I don't know how I'm supposed to contain him when he's twice as long and seven times as heavy. I feel like I'm bursting at the seams already. I guess we'll stay tuned on that note. I made a new blog as well (dearestoliver.blogspot.com) that's not exactly going to be entertaining to anyone - but is a journal of sorts from me to my son. I think it'll help me bond before he's born, and something to keep going throughout his years - to maybe bind into a book once he's an adult or something.

Happy Easter to one and all. Let's take a moment to celebrate new beginnings, spring air, and - most importantly recognizing that "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Have a safe, fun, and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment