Sunday, July 10, 2011

Where were these things
When I was younger
These defense mechanisms
Seem to ripen with age

What used to be
Such empty clutter
Now there are props
To a rather grandiose stage

Velvet curtains hid my
True intentions skewed
The fancy lighting
Seems to brighten the beige
Of my creativity

Lost to open sea
Raped of all its uses
Now I’m empty
Devoid of thought
Wrapped in ancient gothic cloth

No one can see
How useless I’ve become
How scared and cast aside
My naivety has taken its toll
And I’m naked underneath it all

A scared little girl
Thrown out in the world
But given no means to survive

No wings do I have
To fly from this nest
So I must crawl instead

Thank god for illusions
I’ve cast mine well
Smoke and mirrors
Thick trimmings

Lighting and grandiose technology
It’s new to me

Where were these things
When I was younger
These falsities
Seem to ripen with age

No comments:

Post a Comment