Tuesday, August 5, 2014

{Girlytech does} 21 Day Fix - Day 2

When I woke up this morning I was pretty sore from last night's work out. Normal me would say that means I skip tonight's. But...normal me also would have had that cupcake yesterday, or added double the cheese to dinner last night. Normal me also can't fit into her skinny jeans or wear a two-piece bathing suit. I'm kind of done with normal me. I'm driving hard into the phrase "If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself." If I give up on this program, or if I skip a workout, or add an extra serving of food, or eat something not "approved" - it doesn't affect anyone else, it causes no one harm...except me. I used to run a mile as a warm up to work out...now the mile is the workout. I have no unrealistic expectations of getting back down to the 135 I was in high school, because I don't have time for the 5+ day a week, 2+ hour varsity lacrosse practice routines. All I want is to live a long and healthy life and be someone my son wants to emulate, and I'm hoping that can start now.

mmmm eggs
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 piece whole grain bread. 2 cups water.

1 red, 1 yellow.

Because I have no time for breakfast prior to leaving the house, everything must be grab and go. So I grabbed two eggs and a piece of bread and thought...uh, this is going to be a boring breakfast. However, once I got to the office I put together this little number. Which is super simple, but was delicious. Coated the bread in mustard, chopped up the eggs, and added some pepper. From boring to delicious in less than 5 minutes. Bam!

Snack: 1 apple w/ peanut butter. 2 cups water.

1 purple, 2 tsp.

Lunch: 1.5 cups beans, 1 cup lettuce, 1 cup salsa, 2 Tbsp. dressing. 6 cups water.

2 red, 2 green, 1 orange

This looked a lot better before I mixed it up, but oh well. It was still pretty tasty. Though, word to the wise - using salsa as salad dressing is great (I've done it plenty before) but, make sure it's mild! When I got this jar it was the only all natural salsa for a reasonable price, but they only had medium or mango. Guess I've learned my lesson because their medium is hot!

Once again though, I am stuffed to the brim and wondering how on earth I'm going to lose weight when I'm eating so damn much. My normal pre-21 day fix diet was 1 shake (190), an apple (~100), frozen lunch (200-300), dinner (500-1000). Obviously on the days where we had fast food my calorie consumption was pretty high, but on an average day I was eating about 1300 calories. Though a main portion of this plan is that you're constantly eating a lot so your body never goes into starvation mode which will make you gain weight even if you don't eat a lot. Maybe that's where I was at?

Dinner: 1 cup raw spinach, cooked with some garlic, 1/2 potato, 3/4 cup chicken, 1/3 cup cheese. Nom nom nom! 2 cups water with a splash of juice.

Snack: 1 cup watermelon. 

Workout: Upper fix. Not the worst, though after yesterday my abs and legs were dying. Lower fix tomorrow will be interesting. 

2 days down, 19 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment